Re: libCurl - clearing connection cache?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:24:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, Jason Bright wrote:

Hi!

Do note that the curl-library is a mailing list suitable for libcurl stuff, as
this list is for the command line tool!

> Is there an API to expire/flush the cached connections pool?

No there isn't. The connection pool is meant to only serve as a cache and it
is meant to close off and remove dead connections by itself.

> I see my options are:
>
> 1) Flush connections at the appropriate time -- is there an API?
> 1)use FORBID_REUSE - works, but is a big performance hit.

The only existing way I can think of to flush all connections is to close the
easy/multi handle completely and create a new one.

> 2)re-prime the cache using some dummy FRESH_CONNECT jobs. Ugly but
> workable....

It makes no point to "re-prime" it at all if you ask me. It'll just be a bunch
of connections in use that may not be used at all and that may even be killed
again before they will be used...

Now, please take any follow-ups to the curl-library list!