Help with HTTP Scripting

From: Christopher Stone <listmeister_at_thestoneforge.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:25:59 -0500

Hey Folks,

Can someone who knows what they're looking at give me some help with this?

My primary question is - can curl do this?

The fist page is Apple's Recently modified tech articles page, and then subsequent pages [next] use a calculation and I think an initial cookie for reference.

curl -Lsv --user-agent 'Opera/9.70 (Linux ppc64 ; U; en) Presto/2.2.1' "http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=articles"

curl -Lsv --user-agent 'Opera/9.70 (Linux ppc64 ; U; en) Presto/2.2.1' "http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=articles&facetid=WEEK&sortingType=MODIFIEDDATE&sortingOrder=DESC&next=25"

I want to be able to download the source from each of the available pages.

I looked at these with verbose in curl and with Live Headers in Firefox, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. The protocol seems to be a GET, so I think but am not positive that curl can do this little job.

I'm also reading the HTTP scripting section of the curl documentation, but it's not exactly for newbies.

(Although I've used curl a great deal I've never fooled with HTTP scripting or with cookies.)

Can someone who remembers what it's like to learn this give me some clues and perhaps a pointer to a useful online primer/tutorial to get me started?

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Chris