Re: Proxy fail: Failure when receiving data from the peer.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:48:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, 黄心怡 wrote:

>> CONNECT wwwbeta-sso.toronto.ca.ibm.com:444 HTTP/1.1
> Host: wwwbeta-sso.toronto.ca.ibm.com:444
> Proxy-Authorization: Basic ...............

Can I just remind you that you just now told the entire world your proxy user
name and password!

> < HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

> I am not sure what is happening here.

Your proxy denies you to do that operation - which is exactly what the 403
forbidden means. Most likely the proxy is setup to only allow CONNECT to an
explicit set of certain ports, like 443. That's very common in proxy configs.