using "curl --interface raX" not going out proper interface- is it a unix issue or a curl issue?

From: Ken (James) Stewart <kestewar_at_broadcom.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:39:23 +0000

Hey -

I have linux server with a usb hub connected to one of the usb ports - the hub has 6 wlan cards. I'm setting each wlan card up like

Ifconfig ra0 up
Ifconfig ra0 ip-address netmask 255.255.0.0
Iwconfig ra0 mode managed essed "SSID"

Continue same for ra1, ra2 etc

I'm connecting to an ap and trying to use curl to make connections out of each wlan uniquely -

Curl -- verbose --interace ra0 http://abc.com
Curl - -verbose --interface ra1 http://abc.com

Curl - verbose - interface ra5 http://abc.com

It looks like whatever interface is used first - is the one the rest of the curl statements try to go out even though a diff wlan card / ra is used. So if I connect first on ra0 - then try to connect on ra1, ra2, ra3... each curl statement still tries to go out ra0 even though I have a different ra used as above.

I tried using -P instead of the -interface but with the same results -

Anybody tried this and/or know what needs to be done so that the curl command will go out the interface that is specified?

Thanks

Ken