Re: Bug in metalink build (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:20:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:

> The one possible fix is that provide default hash check functions for
> non-OpenSSL/GNUTLS/darwin-ssl using SHA1/256 implementations Guenter
> described in
> [1]. If you agree with this solution, I'll write a patch.
>
> [1] http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2012-07/0290.html

No. As you might've seen in the list I didn't approve.

libcurl only implements code to make sure the API is functional, and clearly
in that case libcurl can manage without having those crypto functions around
so we should not add them to libcurl.

In that case, it is strictly speaking libmetalink or possibly curl itself that
should provide the necessary functions.