Re: Authentication via proxy on a cloud

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 23:33:51 +0200

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 01:35:59PM -0400, Rohit Kanchan wrote:
> Thanks Dan! I did got further ... I am not getting any error, but I am still
> getting stuck at authentication part. Cookie value seems to be changing with
> every session.... so instead of cookie - I want to do the script with username
> and password.
> Any ideas - how can I do that?
> I am trying the following command(its not working - doesn't matter if you type
> password wrong - same results).
>
> C:\curl>curl -v -A "MSIE 8.0" -x 10.70.0.10:80 -L http://www.addictinggames.com
> / -k --user "username_at_blah.gov" --insecure -o output.txt

The --user option will use HTTP authentication, which very few public
sites actually use. Instead, most use an HTTP form (POST) which sets a
cookie if the authentication is successful. Take a look at
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html for some hints as to how to
proceed.

And note that you sent the mailing list your login and password in your
last message.

>>> Dan