AW: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.27.0

From: <Alexander.Elgert_at_external.t-systems.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:47:57 +0200

Thank you, for this hint, but unfortunately, there is no incorrect openssl.pc file present.
I compiled openssl (for myself) for SUSE 10 and 11. The problem does not occur on 11.

But I got the problem, it must be the pkg-config, which transposes the libs ...

$ find / -mount -name openssl.pc
$ diff ./curl/lib/pkgconfig/openssl.pc ./openssl/openssl.pc
$ cat ./openssl/openssl.pc
prefix=/cc/curl
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: OpenSSL
Version: 1.0.1c
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lssl -lcrypto
Libs.private: -ldl
Cflags: -I${includedir}
$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=openssl strace -e trace=open -o x pkg-config --libs openssl
-L/siux_share/ae/cc/193/curl/lib -lcrypto -lssl -ldl
$ grep openssl.pc x
open("openssl/openssl.pc", O_RDONLY) = 3
$