Re: -k not working?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 23:14:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Kees Nijssen wrote:

> The -C option actually takes an offset as argument, so using -C -k would
> have curl interpret -k as the offset, and not recognize it as --insecure.

Good catch!

The code actually tries to detect a situation like this, but the
src/tool_paramhlp.c:str2offset() function is clearly not doing it good enough!

I have a fix pending now that will make curl detect A) a numerical string that
contains extra "garbage" like an ending "k" and B) not accept negative numbers
for a whole slew of options where negative numbers don't make sense or are
documented to work in any special way.