Re: * Closing connection #0

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 13:26:41 +0200

Ajay <stealthu471_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Fedora 14 installed in my system with the following versions of curl
>
> libcurl-7.21.0-10.fc14.i686
> libcurl-devel-7.21.0-10.fc14.i686
> curl-7.21.0-10.fc14.i686
>
> I have executed the following command
>
> curl --verbose --cookie-jar cookiesFile --keepalive-time 120 --user
> username:password --output placio.html --url
> https://www.elpalaciodehierro.com.mx/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-5
>
> and I am getting the message "* Closing connection #0" after getting
> connected.
>
> The output of the command is copied below.

The output indicates that you get the message after the transfer
is done, so I don't see the problem. You requested the message by
asking for --verbose output.

> Also, I am getting expire value to be 0 in the cookiesFile (" Expires: Wed,
> 04 Jul 2012 08:56:21 GMT" and "Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:56:21 GMT",
> exactly same time). Why is that, even though I am passing the parameter
> "--keepalive-time 120" ?

If you check the man page, you'll see that --keepalive-time
doesn't have anything to do with HTTP cookies.

Additionally the response you quote doesn't seem to contain
any HTTP cookies at all. What you quote above are unrelated
HTTP headers.

> Could someone help me by giving me hints about how to solve this problem as
> my searching for the solution in the mailing list is not giving any solid
> leads about how to solve the problem.

I think you are misinterpreting curl's output. curl seems to work correctly.

Fabian