Curl and Timeout

From: Hagimeno <hagimeno_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 08:57:29 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I have some troubles with timeout parameters:

In the example below, the -m should return timeout if the "whole" operation take more than 5 seconds.
Instead, curl seems truncate the upload of each single file. In my test the size of file A.jpg was about 60 MB and if I leave 5 seconds the file A.jpg is on the server truncated at about 20 MB.
If I increase the -m parameters to example 120 or 180 all works good.
Seems to be that -m is releated to each single file to upload NOT to entire whole operation (was written in the manual).
Anybody confirm this?
If this is confirmed how can I have return error if the operation of multiple upload take more than XX seconds?

set shellScript_1 to "/usr/bin/curl --connect-timeout 30 -m 5 --disable-epsv --ftp-create-dirs -T \"{/Users/john/Desktop/Test/A.jpg,/Users/john/Desktop/Test/B.jpg,/Users/john/Desktop/Test/C.jpg,/Users/john/Desktop/Test/D.jpg,/Users/john/Desktop/Test/E.jpg}\" -u myUser:myPwd ftp://ftp.xyz.com/test/"
do shell script shellScript_1

Curl version 7.21.4 on OS X Lion 10.7.4

Hagi