RE: cutting down the user-agent

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:37:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 May 2012, Bill Mercer wrote:

> The only negative I can think of is that having the lib versions might be
> useful for troubleshooting server-side problems. Providing an option to use
> the verbose user agent string would address that.

But is it really worth an extra option? It would be so extremely rarely used I
would think, and if you can guide the user to use that option can't you just
ask him/her for the curl -V output instead. It is a better output anyway as it
provides a more detailed summary of what that curl supports and can do.