Re: Metalink support patch for curl

From: Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 22:50:41 -0400

>> I think the behavior of checking hash and deciding re-download is debatable
>> to suite curl project.
>
>Hm. What would be the different alternatives here to select between you think?

Tatsuhiro, how does aria2 behave?

here is another (awful) patch that adds Metalink info to man page and
--help. awful because it includes each commit including the other one
you already applied. :( not sure how to do a cumulative commit patch
that isn't incremental.

Daniel said we want --metalink option in --help even if it not
available, so I added it.

I would have added Metalink to "Features" for --version output but
wasn't totally sure I could get it right. could you do that? it would
help during testing to know if it's been enabled correctly.

could you have your changes available on github or somewhere, please?
I think that would make it easier to try out and we can always find
the latest version easily.

thank you!

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads