Re: Program goes into infinite state.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:31:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Yuvi yuvi wrote:

> There is a DD-WRT Wifi- router (having Embedded Linux OS ) having USB
> Storage, and we can configure router to act as a server, and can access
> files using FTP & SFTP. Problem occurs when while router is ON, and we
> remove pen drive then physicaly it is removed but I think path still remains
> there, correct me if I am worng. In that case curl is not working.

Is that the server you're describing or the client? What do you mean with "is
not working" ? What are you suggesting it should do that it doesn't currently
do?

> Let consider another scenario, when there is no USB storage plugged in
> Router, and then I switch ON Router. In this case curl doesn't find file and
> gives proper error.

Exactly because then the server returns a proper error instead of just not
sending any data.

> So, is there any work around for first scenario, also why TIME OUT is not
> working in the first scenario ?

Timeout is not working?

> I have already compiled latest version of curl & libssh

Do note that curl uses libssh2, libssh is a different project...

> if some one having very good experince on Linux, he can better understand
> that what happens when we removed usb storage by pulling it out from linux
> machine.

It's really simple: the server stops sending data. curl sits waiting for more
to arrive that doesn't come. The server could return an error but it doesn't.