Re: Problem with special character # on target file

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_uni-koeln.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:13:48 +0200

Zitat von Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:40:10PM +0200, Jochen Roderburg wrote:
>> I couldn't test the case myself, because it looks as if curl/sftp
>> only works with publickey authentication which I cannot use in my
>> environment.
>
> If the -u option is given without a public/private key file, then curl will
> use password authentication.

Thanks, this does indeed the trick. Fascinating ... ;-)
What I had tried already without effect was the variant sftp://user@host/.

Now I could verify that my assumption about url-encoding the
#-character was correct.
sftp://host/ga%23.txt creates the filename ga#.txt on the server side while
sftp://host/ga#.txt creates just ga as the OP reported.
Looks like the #-part of the URL gets a special treatment somewhere in
the sftp pipeline.

J.Roderburg