Re: Can't connect to a SFTP site using private key

From: Yura Kaidalov <kaidalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:07:25 +0300

Hello Ralph

> You need both keys. The public key should be on the remote host.
I realize that I need two keys. Private key on local box, and public on
remote host. But why do I need both keys on my local box.
> I just tried it from one Linux system to another, and it only works for a
> given private key when the matching public key is in the
> $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys file.
Did your command worked with private key only?

I just checked - and public key is located on remote host in $HOME/.ssh/
folder, and it's specified in $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

Thanks,
Yura