Re: proposed patch for windows for using _netrc

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:43:32 +0200

"Cesar Romani" <cesar.romani_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On windows XP, Vista or 7, you have that less, winzsh, ncftp, TexLive,
> asymptote and others use USERPROFILE when HOME isn't defined.

Ok by me, but I always have %HOME defined. But I think you
should see how Wireshark solves exactly this problem:
  http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk/epan/filesystem.c

function get_persconffile_dir_no_profile() etc. Look at the comments
for this function. I trust Wireshark (Ethereal) is more up-to-date and
conforms more than most OpenSource packages. 14 years in the
making:
  http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChIntroHistory.html

--gv