Re: default CA cert bundle/path - not working

From: <curl.bullrunner_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:52:22 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Dan Fandrich - dan_at_coneharvesters.com
<+curl+bullrunner+a45ed3c9b0.dan#coneharvesters.com_at_spamgourmet.com>
wrote:
> I took a look at the configure script, and it appears that if it's unable
> to find a CA bundle or CA path, it doesn't set a default at all. So, it
> seems that in this case you'll have to either explicitly specify one at
> configure time or at run time (or both).

Hi Dan,

All I did was rerun the configure/make/make install with exactly the
same options as I did at first, but this time with the
/usr/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt file in place and it works
perfectly now without specifying any --ca options.

I know it is probably a matter of opinion, but I would say there is a
shortcoming in this case in either the configure script or the
documentation. After battling for days with one obstacle after
another, admittedly on a steep learning, to be tripped up by something
as simple as this is a little frustrating. Hopefully we can spare a
few people from having to learn the hard way in future.

Anyway, thanx for all your help.

PS. Any idea how I can create a binary package out of my cURL build?