default CA cert bundle/path - not working

From: <curl.bullrunner_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:37:38 +0200

Hi,

I have finally managed to get cURL 7.24.0 built and working on AIX
5.2, but there is still one small problem. It appears that the default
CA cert bundle/path isn't working.

I didn't specify any --with-ca options during the configure step and
after installing cURL it complained as follows:-

/ >curl -l -u user:pass --ftp-ssl ftp://server/directory/
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
blah, blah

I then created and populated the default path with a working CA cert
bundle, but it still failed.
But if I specify the default path with --cacert, then it works

/ >curl --cacert /usr/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt -l -u
user:pass --ftp-ssl ftp://server/directory/
/ >

I really don't feel like running the configure again and I would
rather not have to specify --cacert all the time.
Maybe there is a problem with the configure script when the default CA
cert bundle/path doesn't exist at run time

Please help,
Thanx.