Re: your mail

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:14:23 +0100

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 08:19:10PM -0500, Denis St wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to login to this page with cURL:
> http://www.fmpilot.com/Express/ServiceDesk.asp
> but it's not working
> curl --data "txtUserId=my_user_id&txtPassword=my_password&javascript:document.frmServiceDesk.submit();"
> http://www.fmpilot.com/Express/ServiceDesk.asp
>
> Can anyone help? Thanks.

Clearly, the javascript: portion of this line is suspect. It looks like
you're appending a Javascript URL/action to the POST data, which isn't going
to work. curl doesn't do Javascript, so you'll have to find some way to
find out what that Javascript submit() action does to the request and
emulate that yourself. See http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html
for some pointers on the general techniques.

>>> Dan