Curl command line and libcurl is much slower than wget

From: curl <curl_at_wangzw.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:41:13 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi, Everyone

I use libcurl in my project to get the file on remote http server.
I tried the curl command line and I found that the download speed is only 12MByte/sec.
I tried the wget command line and the download speed is 110MByte/sec.
I thought that there was something wrong with curl command line, and use libcurl in my project. I use curl_easy_recv to receive data and the download speed is the same with curl command line, 12MByte/sec.

For testing, I just receive the data and simply write to /dev/null, so there is no disk i/o on client side. I use dell server which have 12 core and 24 physical threads, 64GByte memory to do the experiments. I don't no where the problem is, and is there anyone can help me ?

Best Regards

Zhanwei Wang