Re: FTP-download of zero size files

From: Fred <zephred_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:41:44 +0100

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 17:30, Marco D'Ettorre
<marco.dettorre_at_gruppopa.it> wrote:
> Return code could help you. If the file does not exist then RC=78, else RC=0.

I use recursive transfer, so I expect that all available files on the
server to be transferred. And I do not see how curl return code could
help me there.
I really do not understand the purpose of that strange curl behavior.
It looks like it supposes that empty files are useless, which is
definitely not the case (plenty of services rely on the simple
existence of some files; exemple: /etc/cron.deny for vixie-cron).

Fred.