RE: alert certificate expired

From: Steven Shourds <srs_at_perfectionsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:20:30 -0400

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 02:18:25PM -0400, Steven Shourds wrote:
> Been using curl for many years, posting to a site using a certificate and
SSL.
> Been working great, but now it is failing.
>
> I have been talking with the host site and they say they did not change
> anything. We tried installed Geotrust Global and Intermediate
certificates in
> IE and in ca-bundle.crt in the curl folder, but nothing is changed.

That's exactly the problem--nothing has changed. Certificates expire after a
time, usually a year, after which time they need to be renewed. The -v
option
should show you a dump of the interesting parts of the certificate,
including
the expiration date.

>>> Dan

[Steve Shourds] yes, we have been looking for an expired certificate, but
cannot find any expired certificates.

So what command would I use with the -v option? And on what certificate?
Thanks...