CURL and SSL client authentication (password parameter)?

From: <ohaya_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 9:02:14 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to use CURL to hit a client-authenticated SSL URL. I have the PEMS for the client cert, the cert key, and the CA cert, and I also have a PEM where I concatenated the client cert plus the cert key.

I've tried using CURL, with the --cert pointing to the concatented PEM and --cacert pointing to the CA cert, and also with --cert to the client cert PEM and --key pointing to the key, but keep getting an error.

The CURL help and man say that the --cert takes an optional "password" (:password) but I don't think that the key PEM I have is encrypted,

This is using just the curl command line on Redhat 4.

What, exactly is that "password" suppose to be for?

Any ideas about how to make this work?

Thanks,
Jim