Re: Stable links

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:09:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011, Risto Kivilahti wrote:

> It would be nice to have links to the latest stable source&bin. I know
> there are the latest packages available, what I mean is that the link name
> would be always the same. Also md5 checksum would be nice.

The curl project doesn't release any binaries. We relase source code only.

What exactly would you use the static link names for? Surely you can script
yourself to most of what you need from this: http://curl.haxx.se/info

Checksums can be found at http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=tar.gz etc,
although I agree they're possibly not that easily extracted for automation.
The GPG sig is however always just ".asc" appended to the source code file
name.