Re: RTSP/RTP support in CURL

From: Ankit Singhal <singhal_ankit_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2011 10:45:01 -0000

Hello Everyone,

There is no response to my query. Anyone of you, who have this information, pls help. Let me know how can i get started and download streams from RTSP servers.

regards
Ankit Singhal

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:51:04 +0530 wrote
>Hello All,

I want to play the multimedia streams from RTSP/RTP servers. I am already using FFMPEG for demuxing various containers and use CURL for downloading files from HTTP server. Now I would like to play multimedia files from RTSP server. Please let me know if CURL has support for downloading files from RTSP/RTP servers and it's robust enough. How can I start using CURL for downloading files. I heard FFMPEG does provide native support for RTSP stream download. How is it compared with the support available in FFMPEG? Does CURL have a better support compared to FFMPEG? Please elaborate.

regards

Ankit Singhal

Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!

FAQ: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html