Re: Cannot Create Truly Static Program With cURL

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:27:48 -0700

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 03:12:22PM -0400, brandonshw_at_aol.com wrote:
> The make for my own program, which uses the libcurl.a that I produce, complains
> about libraries that I have on my machine, as though the libcurl.a wasn't
> produced statically.

Can you post the exact log where this happens?

> Is there any switch one can put on the make command when
> creating libcurl.a from source to make it absolutely self-sufficient?

You can do that not on the make command, but on the configure command.
"configure --help" will show you a list of options. Assuming you want just
HTTP support, you'll probably want the options:

--disable-ftp --disable-file --disable-ldap --disable-dict
--disable-telnet --disable-tftp --disable-rtsp --disable-pop3
--disable-imap --disable-smtp --disable-gopher --disable-ares
--disable-debug --without-ssl --without-zlib --without-libidn

>>> Dan