Unable to build libcurl

From: preet $ <preet3039_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:36:19 -0400

Hello,

    Environment working on is Windows 7,and using Axis2/c 1.6.0 and libcurl
source 7.21.7

    I want to use libcurl with Axis2/c for enabling IPv6 in http/soap
communication. With the current version of Axis2/c (1.6.0) I am not able to
get it to work when libcurl option is selected. The axis2_http_server.exe
is not starting and log says DLL error unable to find the DLL. It works
perfectly if none of the options on Asix2/c is selected.

 I ran the dependency walker to see if any DLLs are missing, it complains of
LIBASL.DLL missing. I see that this DLL is required only when I have the
libcurl option turned on in Axis2/c, hence I assume that it has to be
present in the libcurl binary I downloaded. Unfortunately I don't find them
in that. Some one suggested that LIBSASL.DLL is created when build from the
source. I tried to build the libcurl and followed the steps mentioned in
BUILD.WINDOWS.txt.and I am running into many issue.

1. when I run vcvars32.bat from (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003) and run nmake it does not seem to find Normaliz.lib
2. If I force to run vcvars32.bat from a different version(VC7) of Visual
studio it is not able to find ws2_32.lib. I can see that it is there in the
vc7\sdk\lib folder and the library is in the path, but the build fails to
complete.
3. When I run the make file with option USE_SSSPI = no, still the message on
the screen says it as true.

Not sure if I am proceeding in the right direction, is there anything else
I need to do...? I am totally blocked as to what is to be done next. Has
anyone tried or faced similar issue?

Any help in pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Pr