cURL and central authentication service

From: Anderson Ellis <dakoellis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:21:29 -0700

Hello all
I've been looking for answers for a few days and can't really get
anywhere. I'm still new to curl, and trying to figure out how it works
exactly. Specifically, I want to know if it is possible to post to web
page forms behind CAS login pages. here's what i've tried:

- curl -c cookies.txt -b cookies.txt -d
"username=xxx&password=xxxx&lt=xxxxxx&_eventId=submit" pageIwant.com

this returned nothing, so I added the -L option, and it returned an html
page that redirected to the cas login page. after looking at the
cookies.txt file, it has 3 lines which are CFID, CFTOKEN, and
JSESSIONID. I've also tried many different options for curl and still
came up empty.

Any ideas? will curl even work with CAS?

Thanks in advance