--ftp-create-dirs fails on SFTP?

From: Trasca Virgil <virgil_trasca_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have the same problem with the one described in a previous post:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.general/11743

 In most of the cases I am not able to get --ftp-create-dirs working with SFTP.
Is this a known problem?

I am using the 7.21.6 on Windows with libssh2.dll.

If I upload to SFTP to an existing folder it is working, if it is requiring to
create new folders it is failing(in most of the cases, with an exception
described below).

There is one case in which I managed to create SFTP folder. This is if I write
the path like ~/test1 where test1 is a new folder which needs to be created.
Like this it is working.

However, if I put full path /home/d/do/etc/test1 where test1 is the new folder
it is failing to upload and it is also failing to create the new folder test1.

Is this a known problem?

Thank you,
Doru