Re: curl / version of ssl on Solaris

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:08:45 -0700

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 01:08:53PM +0000, Hoggarth, Chris wrote:
> I?m trying to get curl working on a Solaris 10 container. This is to allow me
> to transfer files to/from a windows server using FTPS. I?ve installed the
> latest version of curl I could find (curl-7.21.7.tar.gz) but it seems to
> require ssl at an earlier version to the one we have. Is this likely to be
> supported soon or is there any way I can (easily) hack this to get it to work?
> We don?t want to regress our version of ssl on the server.
>
> > root # ./curl -V
> ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed
> > root # ls ../ssl/lib
> engines libcrypto.so libssl.a libssl.so.0.9.8
> libcrypto.a libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libssl.so pkgconfig

If you compiled curl yourself on this server, then there must be a mismatch
between the library used at link time versus the library available at
run-time. You'll either want to use the appropriate Solaris mechanism to
point curl to the libssl.so.0.9.7 library at run time (on Linux, this could
be done by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable), or compile
curl against the newer libssl.so.0.9.8 that clearly is available on this
machine. Read the UNIX section of the INSTALL document to find out how
to do the latter. This assumes that the appropriate development package
and link library is also installed on this machine for the newer libssl.

>>> Dan