Re: Client is sending RST after receving the Encrypted Alert message

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:30:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 22 May 2011, jayapal.reddy_at_smartplayin.com wrote:

> I am using the curl version 7.18.0

I'm sure you're aware that version is slightly old by now.

> working on the client. Client is communicating with server using SSL(
> openssl 0.9.8f) and after the data transfer has happened, after sending the
> FIN from the client , server is repsonding with "Encrypted ALert" and FIN,
> Then client is immediatly is sending the RST. what could be the porblem
> here.

When the communication (problem) is on the SSL level, then the SSL library
(openssl) is the one who'd doing the decisions and if there's any wrong-doings
I think it would make a lot of sense to first make sure that you use the most
recent OpenSSL version. Your OpenSSL version is rather old too.