Re: Curl file download error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 23:18:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Thogiti, Nagaraju wrote:

> Error: 0xC0029151 at cURL, Execute Process Task: In Executing
> "C:\curl\curl.exe" "-o somefilename.xml "URL"" at "", The process exit
> code was "56" while the expected was "0".
>
> I was pointed out on the stackoverflow that the curl error 56 was
> CURL_RECV_ERROR, a problem related to network. I also tried with -retry
> option but the problem doesn't seem to go away.

Perhaps you should consider using --trace-ascii to see if that reveals
anything, or doing actual network capturing to see what it might show happens
at the time the problem occurs.

> I was thinking if there is a way to tell curl pause for 2 or 3 seconds
> before it pings the next request.

"before it sends the next request" would be a correct way to phrase that.

curl has no such option, but you can of course make your own code/script do it
like that.