User Supplied buffer

From: Thippeswamy, Aravind <AravindT_at_nds.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:55:37 +0530

Hi,

Ive recently started with libcurl and was trying to search for an option where the response data is directly copied to a user supplied buffer without any intermediate memcpy() .

The callback registered with the CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION requires me to do a memcpy() from the libcurl buffer to the buffer that I want.
I doubt if using FILE * with CURLOPT_WRITEDATA will be of any help as libcurl may recv the data into a temporary buffer and then do a fwrite, which is equivalent to a memcpy.

I am looking for an option where the libcurl can be told to use a user given buffer in the socket receive instead of any temporary buffers.

Any help on the subject is appreciated.

Regards,
Aravind.

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster_at_nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com