RE: sftp Command Line help

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:46:28 -0500

>I am trying to ftp a file via sftp protocol to a client:

>curl -u username --key C:\cygwin\home\XJ0002T\.ssh\id_rsa --pubkey c:\cygwin\home\XJ0002T\.ssh\id_rsa.pub -
>T c:\temp2\test4.txt sftp://server/SFTP/ --insecure

>Enter host password for user 'XJ0002T':

>Curl keeps asking me for a password. I have tried key pairs using OpenSSH and puttyGen, neither worked. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

As a starter, you could add the -v option which will display some of the negotiation over how authentication is proceeding.
Secondly - are you trying to get it to authenticate without using a password? If so, does the server allow that? Is the server setup correctly with the public key in place so this works from a simple sftp client using the keys from your call line?

Jim Young

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.