Re: RNFR command fails with error (21) QUOT command failed with 550

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:35:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Raghu Udupa wrote:

> When we attempt to send a file via SSL_FTP using CURL to remote server, only
> rename on fourth attempt is successful. On each of these attempts, file gets
> stored successfully. Only renaming fails on first three attempts. Some times
> all four attempts in renaming fails. We are using curl 7.20.0

First the server says the upload is done. curl then moves on and asks the
server to rename the file that was just uploaded.

If that fails, I'd say the server is broken. It sounds as if it reports the
upload complete prematurely.

> CURL: > RNFR custdir/6043005110974310300
> CURL: * FTP 0x8209f50 state change from STOP to QUOTE
> CURL: < 550 RNFR command failed.

... as this shows, this isn't something curl even can make up, the server says
the rename command fails.