RE: cURL command Line Sytnax

From: Young,Jim <Jim.Young_at_cerner.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:00:54 -0600

>Hello. Using the cmd window, I have successfully downloaded a file
>using the following code:
>
>curl -k -o ContentExposure20110214.xls -L -b cookies.txt
>"https://explore.coremetrics.com/rb/downloadreport.do/Content%20Exposure
>_2011-02-14.csv?reportId=9990400000000401&reportType=DAILY&dateId=201102
>14&clientId=90096841&format=csv"
>
>however I want to save the file in a directory other than the curl
>directory, which is the default.

I haven't tried this on Windows but ... if you change the "-o ContentExposure20110214.xls" option in your example to
"-o c:\yourFavoriteDirectory\ContentExposure20110214.xls" where "c:\yourFavoriteDirectory\" is the location you want the .xls file to end up in. Does that work?

> I saw the --create-dirs command on ...

You would use "--create-dirs" if, from the previous example, directory "c:\yourFavoriteDirectory\" might not exist on your system. Curl would then create that directory if it didn't already exist.

Jim Young

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.