Re: http stop before full page downloaded

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:57:06 -0800

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:47:53PM -0800, skip wrote:
> The only option that seems to work for me is --max-time. I choke it
> off after a few seconds and then parse the file differently. Is this
> safe to use? Are there any other dependent options that affects
> --max-time adversely?

There shouldn't be in this situation.

> The --range option does not work on this server. Don't know what to do
> to fix it.

It's likely that the URL is dynamically generated, in which case most
servers simply won't support ranges.

> The pipe to head hangs with no output after 10 lines. The curl process
> does not exit.

curl won't exit until head does. I don't know what sort of output is being
sent from the server, but if it's not terminated with CR/LF, then head
won't consider that a line has been received. And if you're using Windows,
then this probably isn't going to work, anyway.

>>> Dan