How to send a file

From: Lee Elcocks <l_elcocks_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:54:31 +0000

Hi

Simple question i know..but

I need to download a file from a server, but the server i download from requires that i send specific commands in a certain order.

For example i need to retreive a file called test.doc

But the type needs to be TYPE I

Using -o test.doc

i think it attempts to to get the file but the type is set to TYPE A, which the server rejects.

I can send TYPE I using the quote function but it seems to automatically want to send the TYPE A command

Could somebody please assist me with this?

Using CURL curl 7.21.2 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.21.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5

Windows XP service pack 3