Re: Curl problem on Windows: curl: (60) SSL certificate problem

From: Gabriel Petrovay <gabriel.petrovay_at_28msec.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:07:56 +0100

HI,

I gave it a try

Curl: "curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is
OK. Details:"
Me: How can I verify that? Where I can find the "CA cert"?

C: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
M: Yeah, why?

C: More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
M: Was your "READ" that sarcastic to mean: Did you read all the
information in the link provided and all the related links from that
page and all the related links from the related linked pages, ...?

C: "curl performs SSL certificate ... the -k (or --insecure) option."
M: That is a summary of the documentation page linked above. But I
don't want to disable (-k) nor to provide a bundle on my own
(--cacert). This is because I have no access to curl.exe. Everything
is done through libcurl.

Let me rephrase my original question to make myself clear:

I am trying to make a request through: https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp.
On Mac/Linux I get the appropriate response back. On Windows, I get
the above mentioned problem ("curl: (60) SSL certificate problem")

Why does this work on Mac/Linux and not on Windows?

Is this a bug, feature or "by design"? If the letter two, why? Where
does curl pick the certificates on Windows from (that is different
from other platforms)?

Thanks!

PS: @Daniel: A link to the place in the documentation or to the part I
am wrong helps more. (even to you, because you wouldn't have read this
additional e-mail)

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Gabriel Petrovay wrote:
>
>> Bust Curl (7_15_1, 7_19_3, 7_21_1) says :
>
> Did you consider to READ what curl says? If so, why are you asking if this is a bug?

I gave it a try

> --
>
>  / daniel.haxx.se

Gabriel Petrovay