Re: The CURLOPT_TIMEOUT does not work with CURLPROXY_SOCKS5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 23:03:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010, 18803307 wrote:

This topic is about libcurl. Please instead use the curl-library mailing list,
to which this reply is CC'ed.

> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5);
>
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROXY, ProxyStr.c_str());
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_SOCKS5);
>
> if the proxy is not valid,it should be wait a lot of time to execute.

Known bug #12 mentions that there are still timeout related issues left to fix
with SOCKS proxies: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/knownbugs.html

We will of course appreciate all help we can get to fix this.

> btw, I saw the log
>
> Fixed in 7.16.0 - October 30 2006
>
> SOCKS5 proxy connects can now time-out
>
> im confused now. need ur help. thanks

... and you didn't mention which libcurl version you're using nor on which
platform or anything.