Re: Multiple --interface options for better dual-stack support?

From: Harry Strongburg <harry.curl_at_harry.lu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:54:07 +0000

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 03:10:06PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Harry Strongburg wrote:
> >I am wondering if there's a way to have multiple --interface
> >options. The cURL docs say "If this option is used several times,
> >the last one will be used"; I am wondering if there is a chance
> >this could be changed.
>
> No, there's no way to do so now. It would require a code change. I
> can see how it could be useful.

I will admit right now that I know very little about how curl
bugs/feature requests are handled. This problem I mentioned in my
posting is causing this bug in Transmission:
<https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3528>. You can see comment:1 for
the possible ways to fix this in a non-hacky way, which would require
curl be changed. I am just wondering if there's a very little chance
that a multiple --interface feature will be added into curl in the near
future, and if so I can (attempt to) fix the problem in another way
independent from curl. It's not a major problem, but it would be "nice"
to have fixed. Thanks!