question on POST

From: nurul <nad.nurul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:50:01 +0800

Hello all,

I'm very new to curl, so pardon me if this is question is inappropriate etc.

According to:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.shtml
<form method="POST" action="junk.cgi">
<input type=text name="birthyear">
<input type=submit name=press value="OK">
</form>

And to use curl to post this form with the same data filled in as before, we

could do it like:
curl -d "birthyear=1905&press=OK" www.hotmail.com/when/junk.cgi

However it seems like my case is a bit complex. The form goes like this

<FORM METHOD="POST" action="/cgi-bin/targetRNA/processRequest_2.cgi" ENCTYPE
="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" NAME="form1">
<SELECT NAME = "organism">
     <OPTION>&nbsp;</OPTION>
</SELECT>

<input TYPE="text" NAME="mRNA" SIZE="10">
<input TYPE="submit" VALUE="SEARCH">
</FORM>

I need to specify three values in this.

1) The first one is the organism from a dynamically populated list, in the
<SELECT> part. my value for this will always be an organism called
'Burkholderia Pseudomallei'. I have no idea how to do this.
2) Secondly is the mRNA, which isn't a problem since it has a 'name'
3) Thirdly is the submit value, which is a problem since it doesn't have a
'name'

Could anyone give me any pointers how to do this?