Re: Storing the URL in extended attributes of the downloaded file

From: Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek_at_wertarbyte.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:49:32 +0200

Dies schrieb Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se):

> Sure, but the point would be that calling the option --xattr would
> then allow for other data to be added in the future while if you
> call the option --xattr-url it kind of implies that only the URL is
> stored and it _doesn't_ as easily allow for future additions without
> changing the command line option or adding another.

I made some more changes to my git branch; so now the option is called
--xattr and can set a variety of attributes. I added a table to xattr.c
mapping CURLINFO constants to xattr-names, for now the url of origin as
well as the mime type is stored, but it can be extended easily:

http://github.com/wertarbyte/curl/commits/xattrurl