Re: SOLUTION TO: curl-smtp-gmail commandline example, please?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:47:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Sune Ahlgren wrote:

> At the end of the configure step, I think it would be good with a warning
> saying: 'No SSL/TLS support included'

It already warns at the time the check fails to find such a library. I'm not
sure a warning is suitable in the summary.

> curl should not accept an --ssl argument

I've just committed a check that will make --ssl cause an error if libcurl
doesn't support SSL.

> it shouldn't give a STARTTLS command if it does not support SSL/TLS.

I fully agree. I've committed a fix for that as well.

> I use debian and SMTP is not included in the standard package so I built my
> own.

It is included in the standard packages provided you use a recent enough
package! ;-) (that means Debian testing or unstable, no earlier version)

Thanks a lot!