Re: curl SMTP, POP3, IMAP usage

From: Aram Poghosyan <pogaram_at_mail333.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:23:10 +0500

DS> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Aram Poghosyan wrote:

>> Sorry for my stupid question, but I could not find any example of sending or
>> receiving email using command line tool curl.

>> Could you please provide some examples of sending and receiving emails via
>> SMTP/S, POP3/S and IMAP/S?

DS> We don't have any documented as nobody made any. Please help us out and create
DS> a set!

DS> We've just posted SMTP-using ones the last few days so you should be able to
DS> get them from the mail archive. For IMAP and POP3 I figure some experimenting
DS> should get you most of the way.

The problem is solved.

I had an old version installed on my Ubuntu Linux using Synaptic Package Manager and later uninstalled it.
But the old curllib remained in the system (it had no support for smtp) and it was used by the newly installed curl tool.

The new version of curl tool was built by means of "configure", "make" and installed by "make install", but curl did not find its curllib.so.
I solved the problem menually copying curllib to /usr/lib/

Thanks,
Aram