RE: curl-smtp-gmail commandline example, please?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:58:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Sune Ahlgren wrote:

> Ok, the thing is that Bredbandsbolaget, my ISP blocks port 25 (which is
> quite common) in an effort to minimize spam originating from their network.
> Could you please try the other two gmail ports and test if they work? (465,
> 587)

Funnily, I am a Bredbandsbolaget customer myself but I have no such port
block... But yes, I just redid the exact same thing with the URL
smtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 and I got the mail through just fine.

So, if that doesn't work for you I suggest you check the output closely and
possibly the source and ponder why things are like they are.