RE: SOAPaction header

From: Friedman, Jason <jfriedman_at_oppenheimerfunds.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:21:38 -0600

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to access this web service via curl, both with
> and without a SOAPAction header, without success. I am able
> to access this web service with SOAPui.
>
> $ uname -a
> SunOS infodev1 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890
>
> $ /opt/sfw/bin/curl -d @session_id_request.xml -H
> http://infodevw:7333/wsh/services/BatchServices/Metadata
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
> <soapenv:Body>
> <soapenv:Fault>
> <faultcode
> xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:Client.NoSOAPActio
> n</faultcode
> <http://xml.apache.org/axis/%22%3Ens1:Client.NoSOAPAction%3C/f
> aultcode> >
> <faultstring>no SOAPAction header!</faultstring>
> <detail>
> <ns2:hostname
> xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">infodev5</ns2:hostname
> <http://xml.apache.org/axis/%22%3Einfodev5%3C/ns2:hostname> >
> </detail>
> </soapenv:Fault>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> $ /opt/sfw/bin/curl -d @session_id_request.xml -H
> 'SOAPAction: ""' -H "Content-Type:
> application/soap+xml;charset=UTF-8"
> http://infodevw:7333/wsh/services/BatchServices/Metadata
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv
:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
<faultstring>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of
> file.</faultstring><detail><ns1:hostname
> xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">infodev5</ns1:hostname
></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

Problem solved ... session_id_request.xml contained malformed XML.
Thank you, anyway.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email communications.