Curl freezing after Quote command to FTPS

From: Boaz Bezborodko <boaz_at_mirrotek.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:28:36 -0400

  I'm trying to execute a Quote command to an FTPS site, but the site
freezes after every quote command.

Here is a sample of the command and the output:

Command entered in Windows XP:

curl "-Q PASV" ftp://edx.xxxxx.com --cacert f:\Public\ca-bundle.crt -u
XXXX:xxxx -v

Resulting output:
* About to connect() to edi.xxxx.com port 21 (#0)
* Trying xxx.yyy.170.101... connected
* Connected to edx.xxxxx.com (xxx.yyy.170.101) port 21 (#0)
< 220 Use of this site is restricted to clients and affiliates of CSN
Stores. Al
> USER XXXXXX
< 331 Password required for XXXXXX
> PASS YYYYYYY
< 230 Logged on
> PWD
< 257 "/" is current directory.
* Entry path is '/'
> TYPE I

And it hangs after this until the connection finally times out.

I actually want to generate a DELE command, but all commands have the
same behavior.

The version of cURL:
curl 7.20.1 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.20.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8n zlib/1.2.4
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s rtsp
smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

I tried the same commands with FileZilla using it's "custom command" and
they work fine.

How do I correct this behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Boaz