Re: UTF-8 encoding during transfer

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:14:23 -0600

At 23:33 +0200 9/15/10, Vincent Préau wrote:
curl is running on a Linux client, where files are simply created with vi. The FTPS server is an AIX server so I really can't guess where it's going wrong... I'll try to look at more details (if available) in FZ logs in order to check if there's an implicit conversion or something like that.

Are the files the same length at each end? Utf-8 converted to one of the Windoze extended ASCII would get shorter.

Also, FTP, in ACSII or TEXT mode, can attempt to change line ends from 0A to 0D0A for Windows and the rest of the internet. That also changes the length of files. I doubt that curl would use FTP TEXT mode unless you worked at it.

--
--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--