Re: Res: Res: curl ntlm failing with domain part

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:45:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Fábio Gomes wrote:

>   I'm kinda lost because the error only occurs when I add "domain\".

(Please don't top-post)

When it comes to NTLM, most of us are lost. It is a weirdo proprietary format
for which the only information is reverse engineered. I don't know of proper
ways to debug this other than to read up on the details, sprinkle the code
with printfs() and compare with existing working protocol data dumps. The hard
part is of course that large chunks are sent encrypted/hashed and those parts
are really messy to compare.

Since you've narrowed it down to the domain part, you're of course already a
bit down the road and know where to focus your efforts. Personally I don't
have any NTLM accounts anywhere. When I wrote the initial code for it, I had
some borrowed test accounts on servers that vanished years ago.